Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Speed posting

Okay, trying something new here. Speed posting. I'm thinking 30min or less to write, not a ton of revision and editing, stream of consciousness style. But fear not! You are not in any way off the hook for the usual rambling novels I am somewhat known for, but I envision more actual posts reaching you this way when I don't have the time or wherewithal to finish something longer and better thought out and wittier and whatever. Because, DAMN. The ratio of finished and published posts to drafts in the queue is fucking embarrassing. Egads.

So here we are! 2015! Exciting, right?! Except that ours has started off ridiculously and obnoxiously shittily, but I am determined to not let it colour anything going forward. I am done feeling sorry for myself, okay? The coughs and runny noses and bronchitis and asthma and fevers and ER visits and solo parenting and return of the stupid diverticulitis can SUCK A DICK. And die of gonorrhea and rot in hell while they're at it.

Another thing I'm doing away with this year is the weird place I've found myself in recently wherein I give a crap what others think of me. I mean, yes, we all do and it's not necessarily always a bad thing, but it's somewhat unlike me and I've allowed it to take over, especially in the world of social media. I constantly find myself choosing not to "like" something or post something or make a certain comment so as to preserve various people's opinion of me or not upset them, and really, what the actual fuck? Why they hell am I doing that?? I have theories that I'll get into at some point, but I have come across a few quotes recently that have made me stop and realize I have been struggling to express myself recently within the bounds of who and what I assume others think I am. But how ludicrous is that? I'll tell you how ludicrous: very, very ludicrous. That's how.

So fuck it. Because the basic fact is that I am a liberal, humanist/atheist, pro-science, nature-loving, knowledge-seeking, geeky, nerdy, depressive/anxious, arrogant potty-mouth mama with the sense of humour of a 9-year-old boy.

And if you don't like it, you can get the fuck out. (Bonus points if you know the next line.)

So there you have it. We have lots and lots and lots of changes coming up--preschool, big kid beds, selling our house, buying a new one, etc., etc. And throughout it all, I will be continuing my recent quest to shift us to a more minimalist approach to possessions, and will strive to continue altering habits, resulting in a more environmentally-sustainable lifestyle in general.

Okay, time's up!

Onwards and upwards, bitches!    

No comments:

Post a Comment